ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eloisa Zell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 12:25:31 +0100
For Info:

The Unit has indeed thought of this 'practical' suggestion - and
has already incorporated rubrics on the email addresses of
members (both individual and institutional + web site of the
latter) in its application forms.

Models of these application forms (for individuals &
institutions) are always sent to the National Committees'
officers (Chair/Sec/Treas) every Sept/Oct together with other
membership documents (e.g. annual rates in FF, EUR & $ for each
membership category, Membership subsidies, bank references, sets
of yearly stamps, ICOM Fund, Welcome Brochure, docs. entitled
'For more Information' (re: dayto day administration &
personnel), LDCs, info on UNESCO Coupons for payment of fees,
subscriptions to Museum Intl. etc., PLUS a cover letter
explaining all the above... - a plethora indeed but I think it
best to give more than less).

However, one Committee (US) does not follow our model enrolment
form - and their 2000 application form does not have this rubric.
Other Natl. Committees do so and if the member chooses to give
his/her/its email address, this is registered in our data base.
Moreover, we sometimes get hold of email addresses thru
applications to International Committees and thru the quite
reliable 'word of mouth' method!!!

For anyone who wishes to have copies of these model forms and
other documents mentioned above, do not hesitate to ask the
Membership Unit.

Eloisa A. Zell
ICOM MEMBERSHIP OFFICER
EMAIL: [log in to unmask]