ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carla BONOMI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2014 10:21:47 +0000
Dear ICOM colleagues,

I hope you are fine and have had a relaxing summer!

I want to remind you all that the annual conference of the ICEE / International Committee for Exhibitions and Exchange (Finland, September 23-27) is quickly approaching.

It is a unique possibility to meet and network with international exhibition professionals from museums and exhibition production companies from all over the world.

We have also a wonderful program with interesting speakers and a number of exciting museum visits at http://network.icom.museum/icee

The theme of the conference is this year
Involving New Museums, New Partners and New Incentives in Exhibition Making and Exchange
The conference will tour in Helsinki, Espoo, Tampere and Mänttä and it will
- present the most current topics of discussions on the field of traveling exhibitions right now
- take the participants to visit some of the most prominent Finnish Museums and Museum Centers
- offer global networking opportunities with both public and private actors from the field of traveling exhibitions
- present a wide range of traveling exhibition projects, project proposals and co-operation opportunities

The themes of this year are tackling with issues like
- innovations in exhibition development to engage also smaller museums/museums with smaller resources in to the international networks of exhibition exchange
- cross-sector museum collaborations and co-operative projects
- theater and cinema as muses for exhibition development

I kindly ask for all your help in spreading the word about the conference because - looking at the registrations at this moment - I assume that there are plenty of colleagues whom we never reached so far with our information.

For more information, please look at our conference website at http://icee.fi

For more information about the ICEE http://network.icom.museum/icee

With my best regards and thanking for your help,
Carina Jaatinen
ICOM/ICEE, President
Director of Development, National Board of Antiquities, Finland