ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Per Rekdal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 13:53:18 +0200
Eloisa Zell of the ICOM Secretariat wrote:

>The Unit has indeed thought of this 'practical' suggestion - and
>has already incorporated rubrics on the email addresses of
>members (both individual and institutional + web site of the
>latter) in its application forms.

This is very good, but the major problem is connected to "old" ICOM members
who used the old application forms (they constitute a majority) and who are
not informing the ICOM Secretariat about acquiring an e-mail address.

May I come with another practical suggestion? Make one issue of ICOM News
with the theme: Electronic ICOM and let all those that have web-pages
present themselves, not least ICOM itself with the ICOM-List.

AND put on the front page a large, extremely visible appeal to all members
to register their e-mail addresses. The approach may be a bit vulgar, but
probably effective.

Per B. Rekdal
ICME Chairperson

Per B. Rekdal
Director
Exhibitions, Education and Public Services
The University Museums of Cultural Heritage
P.O.Box 6762 St. Olavs pl.
N-0130 Oslo, Norway
Tel. (-47) 22 85 99 64
Fax (-47) 22 85 99 60