ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
ICOM Secretariat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 22:09:05 -0400
To Tomislav Sola
President
The Best in Heritage

Dear President, dear Tomislav,
Being so busy by the preparation of the General conference of ICOM,
where we miss you, I have not yet thanked you for your warm welcome at
The Best in Heritage 2004.I want to do it now and ask you to convey my
gratitude to the Minister of Culture of Croatia, the Mayor of Dubrovnik
and all the sponsors of the conference.
I was, indeed, as president of ICOM, very happy to attend this important
event to which I had, from the beginning, given the patronage of ICOM.
And in fact I was right. This conference serves in a very original and
most useful way the cause of museums of to-morrow.
I was much impressed by the quality and the variety of the presentations
and I must say it is an excellent training for professionals who can
learn a lot from examples of the many ways to run a project. Indeed I
consider it  very useful for all our colleagues and I believe it would
be so, as well, for students in museology from all over the world.
Please accept my congratulations and thank the team which helped you to
make it a success.
My wishes are that you continue this excellent initiative in the next
years.
May I send you the greetings from our colleagues who are here in Seoul
Amitiés fidèles à partager avec Madame Sola.

Jacques Perot
President of ICOM