ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Joaquim Jorge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:29:53 +0000
Dear Sir/Madam,

this problem also happened to us, while we were organising an international
conference on museums in Loures, Portugal.

We have received by email many demands from Africa, specially Nigeria,
asking for an invitation letter.

We had to say we could not do that! We also checked their names, nothing was
found that helped us relate those names with museums, museum practice or
museology in Nigeria.

We decided to wait, did not send any letters. Still they insisted, it was
unpleasant to receive several emails with dispair within. Only after a few
months we realised it was all fake.

Thank you for sharing this issue with everybody!

Joaquim Jorge
anthropologist, MA
Loures Municipal Museums Network
Loures