From:
David Allison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 1994 07:25:41 EDT
We at the national museum of american history, smithsonian institution, are
thinking about developing a visitor information system that includes not only
information on collections, but also research information, public programs
information, reference files, etc.  Our Smithsonian on-line system has some
of this sort of information, but the media offerings are limited due to the
medium.

I'm interested to know if anyone else has a broad ranging system of this sort
or is contemplating the creation of one.

We're in the early stages of development so far, but are thinking about PC
front ends (perhaps running access) linked to possible a NetFrame server
running oracle.