From:
Shannon Lindridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 2021 09:23:39 -0500
Sorry for the cross-posting. I hope someone can offer some guidance through experience for my situation. I have been waiting to ship back some artwork we borrowed for an exhibition to international artists for close to a year due to the Covid-19 pandemic which resulted in a force-majeure between the US Post Office and corresponding post offices in other countries. The artists are anxious to have their work returned and I am anxious to get my storage back. I was planning on using the US Post Office International shipping whose rates are substantially cheaper than UPS or FedEx, and due to the amount of work that I need to ship the UPS/FedEx route is beyond the amount budgeted for shipping/drayage.
I have been putting off sending the work back due to the force-majeure which means neither postal office can guarantee delivery in a timely manner and I don't want artwork sitting in a processing facility longer than necessary.
So, has anyone been shipping internationally via US Post Office services, and what has been your experience? I would like to be able to reassure the artists and my boss artwork can be returned safe and securely.
Shannon Lindridge
Collections Director
Roberson Museum and Science Center
Binghamton, NY 13905