ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mario Bucolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:19:52 +0100
with much regret I have to inform that Marco Marandola, an Italian copyright
expert and electronic licencing consultant suddenly passed away last week.
Marco was only 36 years old.

He was a consultant for many international organizations of libraries and
museums, including IFLA, EBLIDA, and ICOM. For more than ten years he was a
strong advocate of the special position of libraries in copyright
legislation and lobbied on copyright issues within the European Parliament,
the European Commission and the World Intellectual Property Organization.
Recently he became quite involved in the Open Access Movement, especially in
Spain where he moved to live.

He was well known not only in the Italian library community but also abroad.
He was very much appreciated for his competence, generosity and gentleness.
Marco will be greatly missed by all the people who had the chance to know
him or to work with him.

From the announcement of Paola Gargiulo

---

On my personal note I was honored to be a friend and a colleague of Marco,
it is a very big loss for all community and for me.

Mario Bucolo